Afa Insurance in brief
Afa Insurance is an organisation owned by Sweden's labour market parties. We insure employees within the private sector, municipalities and county councils. Today more than four point nine million people are covered by at least one of our insurances.
Our insurance plans are based on collective agreements between Sweden's labour market parties. Afa Insurance provide financial support in the event of incapacity for work due to sickness, work injury, shortage of work, death and parental leave. In addition to our core insurance activities, we manage knowledge and resources, and work to prevent ill-health in the workplace. In this way, collectively agreed insurance lays the foundations for a better working life, with greater security for all.
- Insure: Administration of collectively agreed insurance cover within working life.
- Manage: Management of knowledge and assets from insurance activities.
- Prevent: Preventive measures and research grants for improving health in working life.
Everything is interconnected
Our day-to-day work at Afa Insurance is all about creating better conditions for people in their working lives. We administer good insurance cover, manage the knowledge from our collectively agreed insurances and our assets with a long-term perspective, and work in a preventive capacity to promote a better working environment and better health. It is the way in which we bring these three business areas together which gives our work its unique strength, providing insurance for a better working life.
Afa Insurance in figures
- Approximately 660 employees.
- Number of insureds: 4,9 million.
- Benefits paid to insureds: just under SEK 10 billion.
- Assets under management: approximately SEK 200 billion.
- Research grants: SEK 150 million.
Facts about Afa Insurance
- Afa Insurance is owned by Sweden's labour market parties: the Confederation of Swedish Enterprise, the Swedish Trade Union Confederation (LO) and The Council for Negotiation and Co-operation (PTK). We insure employees within the private sector, municipalities and county councils. Afa Insurance does not seek to generate a profit, which implies that no dividends are paid to the shareholders.
- Our insurance plans are based on collective agreements or other agreements between Sweden's labour market parties.
- Afa Insurance administers the insurance provided through these plans.
- Our insurance plans are administered through Afa Sjukförsäkring (Afa Sickness Insurance), Afa Trygghetsförsäkring (Afa Work Injury Insurance) and Afa Livförsäkring (Afa Life Insurance). Each of these companies is the largest insurance provider in its particular field.
- Since our first insurance claim in 1963, we have processed more than 10 million claims, making our combined knowledge and experience unique.
- We support research and claims-prevention activities both through financial grants and by offering access to our unique claims database.